FacultyFaculty AssociatesBroad FellowsPostdoctoral
Esther M. and Abe M. Zarem Professor of Bioengineering
Sc.B., Brown University, 1984; Ph.D., University of Washington, 1989.
mail code: 138-78
research group |
Neurophysiology, Decision, Behavior Current research focuses on the neurobiology and biomechanics of locomotion in flies.
- Aerodynamics of Flapping Flight
- Visual-Mechanosensory Fusion in the Control of Flight Maneuvers
- Neuromuscular Mechanics of Steering Muscles
- Flight Energetics and Regulations of Power Muscles
- Visual Upwind Flight Control
- Visual-Olfactory Fusion in Search Behavior
- Long Distance Olfactory Orientation
- Visual attraction and repulsion during flight: is it a predator or a perch?
- Grand Unified Fly Model